System Engineer, Europe
Systems Engineers are internationally recognised as the innovators and architects of complex products and solutions. This role gives the successful applicant the opportunity to become a significant part of our Systems Engineering team on our leading project.
Working within a complex stakeholder landscape and often with immature, developing and changing requirements, you will be expected to assist and guide our internal departments to scope, develop and deliver solutions. This is a prominent position within our organisation, which puts people at the heart of its success, with great follow-on prospects.
Interested candidates should possess an engineering or physical science degree, or a substantial period in industry. It goes without saying you will have a passion for the discipline of Systems Engineering and a desire to share your passion with the team.
You will become a leading engineer on a large scale and complex project. In this role you will ensure the product meets the business, Operational, [EO1] and legal requirements as part of an integrated project team.
The successful applicant will be a decision maker and become a key part of the Systems Engineering team. You will be empowered within the project to make decisions on technical aspects, and will lead systems, requirements and functions work through our governance process.
Alternative job titltes for this and similar roles could be: Systems Architect, Aircraft Requirements Engineer / Manager, Aircraft Project Engineer or Systems Engineering Manager.
Duration: 18 months
Working remotely is possible. Candidates need to be willing to relocate to Germany in the mid term.
- Qualified Systems Engineer with hands-on experience in the Aerospace sector (at least 8-10 years) - additional experience outside of Aerospace in other relevant sectors will be an advantage
- Experience in ARP4754A and ideally INCOSE
- Previous experience with Polarion (preferred) or Rational Doors is required
- Ability to make a difference and pro-actively lead our Systems Engineering approach to large and complex project work.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with energy and enthusiasm to all levels within and without the business.
- The ability to apply your skills and knowledge across a wide and diverse range of projects.
- Ideally qualified to degree level in a STEM subject with relevant and sufficient experience in the field.
- Market awareness with a good understanding of the market in which Lilium operates, including competitors, suppliers and regulatory organisations.
- Experienced in planning and delivering large and complex tasks to schedule and budget demonstrating effective time management across many projects and priorities.
- Proven experience of supporting team members to deliver and develop through coaching and guidance.
- Sound understanding of product safety, standards, technical risk management.
- Experienced with generating and managing requirements.
- Broad technical understanding of engineering fields
- Promote the implementation of Systems Engineering across the Engineering teams.
- Be an integral part of the team, projecting positive behaviours and influence onto the team.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the standards and specifications appropriate to the discipline of Systems Engineering (i.e. INCOSE knowledge, ARP4754A experience, etc).
- Apply a pragmatic and best practice Systems Engineering techniques to support our projects and business development activities.
- Application of the Engineering procedures in the conduct of your work.
- Work effectively across the matrix and deliver bottom-line performance collaboratively.
- Challenge the status quo, bring new ideas to improve engineering quality, productivity and timeliness of delivery.
- Enforce standards, ensure rigour, resilience and continuous improvement in design solutions, meeting all regulatory requirements, conforming to specifications, quality and requirements within schedule and budget.
- Act as a project integrator and interface between project management and other engineering teams.
- Lead engagement with the stakeholder to develop a shared understanding of project objectives / milestones, and develop a working relationship.
There are no attachments.